Call for papers for the 15th International Congress for Battery Recycling (ICBR10)
The 15th International Congress for Battery Recycling organised by ICM AG will be held from September 15 – 17, 2010 in the Hotel Conrad in charming Brussels, Belgium.
Over 150 delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present the following topics:
• Update of the Battery Directive Implementation
• Global update of battery collection and recycling legislation
• REACH and batteries
• Individual collection schemes vs. collective schemes
• Illegal export of spent batteries
• Safety issues & transportation regulations
• Challenge for new Member States to implement the Batteries Directive
• The great future of EHV, PEHV and EV battery systems
• The success of Li-Ion batteries – how does it impact industry?
• Country reports on collection – let’s focus on Eastern Europe
• Recycling efficiency
• New recycling technologies and processes
• Best available technologies for battery recycling
• Panel discussion: Are Battery Recyclers ready for the electric vehicle boom?
The congress is also offering plant tours in the vicinity of Brussels to the following outstanding companies:
Campine Recyling S.A, Beerse (lead battery recycling plant)
Revatech S.A., Engis and Liège (recycling plant of hazardous waste and batteries)
Umicore Battery Recycling, Hoboken (electronics and battery recycling plant)
An exhibition area is integrated into the conference facility, where vendors meet their clients. A cocktail reception and networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with your business partners, friends and competitors.
The organisers have launched a call for papers and invite interested authors to submit their proposals before March 12, 2010.
For further information contact:
ICM AG, International Congress & Marketing Schwaderhof 7, 5708 Birrwil, Switzerland
Phone: +41 62 785 10 00
Fax: +41 62 785 10 05