12th International Automobile Recycling Congress IARC 2012
Call for Papers
After the big success of the 11th International Automobile Recycling Congress in Budapest, the Swiss organizer ICM AG will held its 12th International Automobile Recycling Congress IARC 2012 again in the beautiful city Budapest in Hungary. The IARC 2012 will take place from March 21 – 23, 2012 in the Hotel Intercontinental.
Delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The congress will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers from around the world.
Sessions will focus on:
• How do car manufacturers and the industry close the recycling loop?
• New cars and new recycling technologies
• Where are the new cars sold? – Where are they going to be recycled?
• Best available recycling technologies
• Reports about illegal export of wrecked vehicles
• European ELV Directive – A monster with no teeth?
• Recycling – High-tech or low-cost technology?
• The raw materials debate
• Hybrid vehicle dismantling and parts reuse
• Update on new laws and regulations
• Challenges of worldwide car manufacturing companies regarding take back and recycling
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
The congress is also offering interesting plant tours in the vicinity of Budapest to leading recycling companies and car manufacturers.
The organizers have launched a call for papers and invite interested authors to submit their proposal before September 30, 2011.
For more information, please contact:
ICM AG, International Congress & Marketing
Schwaderhof 7, 5708 Birrwil, Switzerland
Phone: +41 62 785 10 00
Fax: +41 62 785 10 05