3M™ Digital Designs Upgrade Keeps Software a Cut Above Traditional Programs
Redesigned Interface and Expanded Portfolio Improve Operational Efficiency on Both Sides of the Counter
3M unveiled its new version of 3M™ Digital Designs pattern cutting software, offering an improved interface along with two unique add-on sales options that enhance operational efficiency on both sides of the counter. The upgraded software, which provides a system for precision cutting of paint protection films, expands 3M’s comprehensive film library with options for both automotive window film and graphic patterns.
In addition to the software upgrade, 3M helps improve business capabilities with product simulator AddOnAuto, and helps companies create customized marketing tools with AddLabel. The new programs are available through a subscription-based model and boast an extensive database of hundreds of patterns for current cars and trucks. Businesses can easily and efficiently learn how to use these new services through 3M’s video tutorials, monthly webinars and local seminars.
Digital Designs 3 Software: Expanded capabilities with upgraded interface and new patterns
The upgraded 3M™ Digital Designs features a new user-friendly webpage and software package that will roll out starting November 4, 2013 for new and existing subscribers. A full transition to the new platform will take place by January 7, 2014. New features include:
• Addition of automotive window film and select graphic patterns to paint protection film patterns
• Design and editing tools to customize and create patterns
• Pattern monitoring and inventory tracking
• New “Speed Cut” button that sends cuts to the plotter with no hesitation
• Drivers pre-loaded for most plotters, allowing quick and easy setup
• Hassle free on-line updates
AddOnAuto: Highlight your customer’s vehicle with a virtual makeover
Seeing is believing – now 3M helps provide customers with an advanced visual experience featuring auto window film or paint protection film at the touch of a button:
• Enables customers to virtually add or remove 3M products and instantly view them on their specific year, make, model, trim line and vehicle color
• Embedded on installers’ websites and used for tablet review during retail visits
• Customized with installers’ logo and can include only products each business carries or sells
• E-commerce-enabled, providing customers with ability to shop and buy online if activated
AddLabel: Improve penetration with customized marketing labels
Customization isn’t just for the consumer – with the new AddLabel option, 3M provides professional applicators with a complete library of marketing labels tailored to their specific program needs, making it even easier for them to advertise their offerings with dealership partners:
• Designed to help businesses create professional automotive addendum price and marketing labels for dealership customers from the comfort of their own shop
• Builds awareness with on-vehicle advertising at the dealership
• Provides versatile marketing and promotion for businesses
• Eliminates handwritten labels
• Allows dealerships to include unique QR codes, driving customers beyond the advertisement of the vehicle
• Materials included for 3M™ VentureShield™ Paint Protection Film, 3M™ Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film, 3M™ Scotchprint™ Wrap Film Series 1080, 3M™ Scotchgard Vehicle Protection Package and 3M™ Automotive Window Films
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M, VentureShield, Scotchgard and Scotchprint are trademarks of 3M Company.