11:00 a.m. EDT on Thursday, Sept. 25, 2014
Online, with free registration
Frost & Sullivan Automotive and Transportation Research Manager Praveen Chandrasekar and Cisco Systems Chief Scientist for Smart Connected Vehicles Dr. Tao Zhang.
Cybersecurity has emerged as a key growing concern in the automotive industry as researchers across the world have demonstrated threats and risks by presenting alarming scenarios like hackers taking control of the car and turning off engines, head lights, disabling brakes, and taking over steering control. To withstand, the automotive industry must integrate with IT companies such as Cisco, CGI, and IBM. Though, there has been no reported real life incident related to automobile cybersecurity to date, the value proposition is huge as its risks the safety of passengers.
From a security perspective, there are over 50 vulnerable points in a vehicle, including tapping into personal identifiable information. Moreover, by 2020, more than 90 percent of cars sold will be connected to the cloud. Currently, cybersecurity breaches are still perceived as a threat but, as telematics and infotainment continue to penetrate the industry, hacks are increasingly becoming more realistic. This webinar will investigate how original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the associated ecosystem can protect the vehicle from any security threats.
Attend this webinar to:
* Understand the areas of vulnerability in a vehicle in great detail, ranging from USBs to Bluetooth, to radio frequency identification (RFID) to Dedicated Short Range Communications (DSRC), etc.
* Explore how tier 2 companies and IT giants like Cisco are helping auto OEMs.
* Identify how the automotive industry can benchmark and learn best practices from other industries such as aerospace. Supporting Quote
"Securing the car from cyber and data hacks is one of the hottest topics in the connected car market," said Frost & Sullivan Research Manager Praveen Chandrasekar. "Currently the value chain is focused on security solutions such as firewalls, communication gateways, etc. based on unmet needs. This focus will continue, and the industry will begin making technology security such as vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communication (V2X) a priority. OEMs will also start implementing security at different layers within the car."
* Register to attend this briefing by visiting: http://bit.ly/1svX6ln
* For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Automotive and Transportation practice, please visit: http://ww2.frost.com/research/industry/automotive-transportation
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
* The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation. * The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Contact Us: Start the discussion <http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/register-form.pag?refpage=http%3A//www.frost.com/prod/servlet/frost-home.pag&SRC=Contact>
Join Us: Join our community <http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/register-form.pag?refpage=http%3A//www.frost.com/prod/servlet/frost-home.pag&SRC=Join>
Subscribe: Newsletter on "the next big thing" <http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/register-form.pag?refpage=http%3A//www.frost.com/prod/servlet/frost-home.pag&SRC=PRFooter>
Register: Gain access to visionary innovation <http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/register-form.pag?refpage=http%3A//www.frost.com/prod/servlet/frost-home.pag&SRC=Register>