http://johnsoncontrols.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=113&item=3303 ]" study, Johnson Controls has always had a finger on the pulse of what storage, flexibility and unexpected surprise and delight features consumers want in their vehicles. The global multi-industrial company will be unveiling a number of its interi" />
Based on proprietary research, such as its recent "Stuff in Cars [ http://johnsoncontrols.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=113&item=3303 ]" study, Johnson Controls has always had a finger on the pulse of what storage, flexibility and unexpected surprise and delight features consumers want in their vehicles. The global multi-industrial company will be unveiling a number of its interior innovations that are sure to wow consumers at the 2015 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) at Detroit's Cobo Center.
"To meet the increasing expectations of today's consumer, Johnson Controls strives to develop distinctive interior solutions that are based on extensive research and the latest global trends," said Han Hendriks, vice president, advanced product development and sales, Johnson Controls Automotive Interiors. "The resulting innovations provide significant vehicle differentiation for our automaker customers and they enhance the overall experience for consumers."
Some of the many surprise and delight innovations that Johnson Controls is featuring at NAIAS 2015 include:
- Moveable armrest for door panels - the unique, movable door panel armrest provides up to twice as much storage as traditional door panels, while also improving comfort and ergonomics, creating additional personalization opportunities to appeal to a wide range of consumers
- Vertical sunglass bin - a development resulting from the "Stuff in Cars" study in which consumers indicated they wanted a place to store their sunglasses. The bin door opens with a drop-down vertical motion and features increased usable storage by 20 percent, as well as improved ergonomics and appearance
- Innovative ambient lighting / illuminated patterns on fabric and perforated leather - new interior lighting technologies enable automakers to create various colors, patterns and shapes. Backlit perforated leather allows light to shine through the perforation and illuminated patterns on fabric surfaces are integrated with woven light guides. Both technologies give designers more freedom to create a distinctive, elegant interior ambience
- Multi-track storage solution - based on consumer desire for floor consoles with larger, organized storage solutions, the multi-track innovation provides a unique and configurable solution adding multiple injection-molded interconnected tracks to traditional tambour door construction, resulting in optimized storage capacity that consumers can customize for greater convenience and easier access; and
- Vertical adjustable armrest - to address consumer demand for increased armrest comfort, a robust, lightweight, vertically adjustable armrest offers greater functionality than standard armrests, making it possible for the consumer to customize the armrest height
Johnson Controls is also interpreting such trends as consumer desire for a more premium look to their interior and developing innovative cut, sew and wrap capabilities with seamless leather and direct back foaming, as well as live stitching of molded formed skins to address the trend in a more affordable manner.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.
About Johnson Controls Automotive Experience
Johnson Controls Automotive Experience is a global leader in automotive seating, overhead systems, floor consoles, door panels and instrument panels. The company supports all major automakers in the differentiation of their vehicles through its products, technologies and advanced manufacturing capabilities. With more than 220 plants worldwide, Johnson Controls is where its customers need it to be. Consumers have enjoyed the comfort and style of Johnson Controls products, from single components to complete interiors. With its global capability the company supplies more than 50 million cars per year.