The Here For America <http://www.hereforamerica.com/> initiative today released Hoosiers Building More Cars Than Ever, state economic impact study. The report shows that international automakers' annual production* in Indiana has more than doubled since 2009.
Hoosiers built 905,000 vehicles in 2015 across four facilities: AM General, LLC (Mercedes-Benz), Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC, Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc., and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc. Other findings in the report show international automakers in Indiana are…
* Creating 113,400 local jobs
* Directly employing nearly 11,000 Hoosiers
* Purchasing $12.8 billion from U.S. suppliers
* Contributing $13.03 billion to Indiana's Gross State Product
* Generating $1.1 billion in state taxes
* Contributing $1.7 billion to federal revenues
Indiana-produced vehicles include: the Honda Civic Hybrid, Civic Natural Gas, and Civic Sedan; the Mercedes-Benz R-class; the Subaru Legacy, Outback, and Tribeca; and the Toyota Highlander, Highlander Hybrid, Sequoia, and Sienna. Indiana is also home to 186 international auto dealers who sold a collective 90,093 vehicles in 2015.
Download the report to learn more… Hoosiers Building More Cars Than Ever <http://hereforamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/IN-State-Report.pdf>
* Vehicles are made, built, or manufactured in the United States using domestic and globally sourced parts.
Here For America tells the story of international automakers and dealers, their ever-growing impact on the U.S. economy, and the benefits they provide to local communities. To follow along, visit www.hereforamerica.com <http://www.hereforamerica.com/> and follow Here For America on Twitter <https://twitter.com/hereforamerica> and Facebook <https://facebook.com/hereforamerica>