HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, won the 2017 TU-Automotive Award in the category of Best Telematics Product or Service for its HARMAN Ignite platform. The TU-Automotive Awards recognize leaders pushing the automotive industry forward through innovation, industry engagement and quality products and services. The HARMAN Ignite platform continues to gain momentum within the industry – as it is being leveraged by 23 global OEMs and 15 Tier-1 and aftermarket partners, delivering services to more than 17 million vehicles in 70 countries.
Developed by HARMAN’s Connected Services division, the HARMAN Ignite Platform is an end-to-end solution that enables connectivity, device management, application enablement, analytics and managed services capabilities. It allows automakers, dealers and service providers to introduce and easily deploy new cloud applications and services.
HARMAN Ignite is both scalable and modular, enabling OEMs to initially purchase a base set of functionality – and through their partnership with HARMAN – build on that core base with additional services and capacity as needed. This platform targets the existing and future demands for scalability, security and flexibility in the provisioning of connected car services and applications.
“HARMAN is offering a single cloud platform designed specifically for automotive services and technologies. HARMAN Ignite offers OEMs a scalable and flexible path to differentiation. This is a major advantage for OEMs as the automotive industry faces major change,” said Roger Lanctot, associate director, global automotive practice, Strategy Analytics.
Examples of automotive solutions that are based on the HARMAN Ignite platform are:
* Vehicle Connect: Allows a vehicle to communicate through the cloud with other platforms such as smart homes, smart infrastructures and other vehicles – which helps simplify, streamline and enhance user experiences.
* Cloud-Based Driver Profile: Leverages the cloud to set preferences for content in any vehicle the consumer accesses. This solution leverages predictive learning in the vehicle to adjust preferences, provides access to third party services regardless of vehicle and accommodates cloud portability of preferences and identity.
* Car-as-a-Service: Delivers a cloud service enabling Car Sharing, Ride Sharing and Fleet Management models.
* Vehicle Health and Diagnostics: Offers insights into vehicle health to help build relationships with car owners and improves car performance while increasing dealer service revenue.
* Content Personalization: Delivers personal content intelligently during a driver’s commute.
* Vehicle Analytics: Provides insight into vehicle usage/quality issues for an individual or group of users.
“We are honored and excited to be recognized for our leadership in connected services and technologies with a TU-Automotive Award. HARMAN team members continually strive to develop innovative solutions and services that meet and exceed the expectations of our automotive customers. These solutions enhance the driver user experience and leverage key technologies including analytics and OTA to create new capabilities and revenue streams,” said Sanjay Dhawan, president of HARMAN Connected Services.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics