To help customers meet demands of the evolving auto industry and non-automotive adjacent markets, Cooper Standard (NYSE: CPS) recently opened a new Global Technology Center in Livonia, Mich. The 137,750 square-foot facility offers capabilities in material science, tooling, development, production and validation.
The Global Technology Center will serve Cooper Standard's global customer base. Greatly increasing the size and capacity of its former technical center in Farmington Hills, Mich., the new facility consolidates the Company's innovation and development teams under one roof with the expertise to take products from material development to production reality.
"Our new Global Technology Center is designed to enhance collaboration and accelerate our innovation process," said Jeffrey S. Edwards, chairman and CEO Cooper Standard. "This optimized facility is dedicated to forward-looking developments that are generated from our successful i3Innovation Process. With the facility's new capabilities, Cooper Standard is innovating in areas of the vehicle that haven't been revolutionized in decades and creating unique expansion opportunities in adjacent markets."
Cooper Standard's new Global Technology Center:
* Leads the Company's global material research endeavors, from basic chemistry through the end product;
* Supports all product lines (sealing, fuel and brake delivery, fluid transfer and anti-vibration systems;
* Offers a fully integrated material development laboratory;
* Provides prototype production, DV/PV testing lab, full-service tool shop;
* Offers production equivalent lines for pilot activities and advanced manufacturing engineering;
* Features innovation showroom and vehicle display area;
* Houses product strategy teams to enable enhanced collaboration and accelerate product focused innovations; and
* Certified per IATF 16949.
About Cooper Standard
Cooper Standard, headquartered in Novi, Mich., is a leading global supplier of systems and components for the automotive industry. Products include rubber and plastic sealing, fuel and brake lines, fluid transfer hoses and anti-vibration systems. Cooper Standard employs approximately 30,000 people globally and operates in 20 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.cooperstandard.com