Luxoft, a global IT service provider, and Intel® have co-developed a solution for a new Automotive Reference Platform (ARP), designed to power the Digital Cockpit of next-generation vehicles. Designing for a vehicle’s instrument cluster, head unit display, cockpit occupant monitoring and driver assistance systems can now all be integrated on the ARP.
The ARP is based on a new high performance computing architecture, designed in collaboration with technical experts from Intel, and was created to make it easier and faster for leading Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers to develop hardware and software solutions for digital cockpit systems.
“Together with Intel®, we are accelerating the mainstream adoption of Digital Cockpit systems run from a single piece of hardware,” said Mikael Söderberg, Senior Technical Director, Automotive at Luxoft <https://www.linkedin.com/in/z80mikael/> . “With cars gradually becoming autonomous, a host of opportunities to create intuitive and immersive experiences and services in the car is emerging. As such, we have created a flexible and powerful software platform on which both OEMs and their suppliers can build the Digital Cockpit systems of the future.”
“Intel® automotive-grade FPGAs combined with Intel® Atom™ automotive processors and Luxoft’s software platform will deliver innovations to vehicle cockpits for the future of autonomous driving, increasing an occupant’s ability to see what’s ahead, while they work in their cars, and enjoy entertainment,” said Erhaan Shaikh, vice president and general manager, Automotive, Military and Embedded Division, Intel Programmable Solution Group <https://www.linkedin.com/in/erhaanshaikh/> . “The solution gives systems designers a faster way to test these and other features, such as monitoring driver safety in the car’s cockpit.”
The ARP is built around several Intel® devices and is supported by Luxoft’s PELUX / Qt Automotive Suite Digital Cockpit software platform, a Linux based Open Source software platform, which enables the flexible integration of third party applications into the car and minimizes the effort and cost for manufacturers deploying Linux based Digital Cockpit systems.
Luxoft and Intel® are showcasing the new Automotive Reference Platform at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Please visit this webpage <https://www.luxoft.com/events/ces-consumer-electronic-show/> for more information.
Features of the Auto Reference Platform
* Highly modular system design
* Optional SMARC 2.0-based main SoC module – The Host SoC/CPU is interchangeable, supporting multiple devices and architectures, including the Intel® Atom™ Automotive Processors for In-Vehicle Experiences <https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/automotive/in-vehicle-experiences-with-automotive-processors-brief.html> (sold separately)
* See how to get extra connectivity options, beyond the main SoC/CPU, by utilizing powerful Intel® automotive-grade Cyclone® V SoC FPGAs with integrated ARM cores and MAX® 10 FPGAs, providing unsurpassed design flexibility
* Four on-board display interfaces, additional outputs supported via expansion slots
* Two HMSC expansion connectors, providing massive high-speed I/O expansion capabilities
* Wide variety of expansion boards already available through partner ecosystem
* Supports all major existing and emerging automotive wired and wireless connectivity standards
* Dedicated Vehicle Interface Processor (VIP) expansion slot, accepting multiple architectures
* Premium automotive analog/digital radio and DSP solution onboard
Luxoft (NYSE:LXFT) is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. Its managed delivery model is underpinned by a highly-educated workforce, allowing the Company to continuously innovate upwards on the technology stack to meet evolving digital challenges.
Luxoft has more than 13,000 employees across 42 offices in 21 countries within five continents, with its operating headquarters office in Zug, Switzerland. For more information, please visit the website <http://www.luxoft.com./> .