CTI'S HIGH-PERFORMANCE PARTICULATE FILTERS
Coming to SAE 2009 in Detroit, April 20 to 23, DieselFrance booth 631 (Z026)
Chicago, March 19, 2009 (word count: 194)
A high-resoltion picture is available on request.
With nearly a decade of experience, CTI has developed with IFP (www.ifp.com) a patented SiC composite particulate filter which shows:
- Excellent filtration efficiency to target Euro 5 and 6 emission limits
- High thermal conductivity leading to a very efficient and complete regeneration
- Very good mechanical performance, similar to “the best in class” available on the market
- Outstanding chemical resistance to acids and ash
- High durability even after harsh ageing treatments
- Good adhesion to washcoat formulation proposed by catalyst manufacturers.
This new SiC composite DPF uses a patented manufacturing process (an innovative calcination process) that enables the production of a wide range of shapes and sizes at a very competitive cost. CTI’s SiC filter is in all cases three-to-four times under the limit of Euro 5 standard (5mg/km) on MVEG cycles. It also has shown excellent results (under 5.1011 part/km) for fine particulate filtration efficiency (SMPS tests) on IFP and various car manufacturers’ vehicle benches.
The CTI’s composite DPF has been implemented for many years on buses, trucks, and off-road vehicles with trouble-free servicing. It shows growing interest at OEMs with high performances demonstrated on passenger car applications.
For more information, please contact:
CERAMIQUES TECHNIQUES ET INDUSTRIELLES (CTI)
Jean-Pierre Joulin or François Garcia
382, avenue de Moulinas
Tel: +33 (0)4 66 85 88 70
Fax: +33 (0)4 66 85 70 09
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
FRENCH TECHNOLOGY PRESS OFFICE
205 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 3740
Chicago, IL 60601
Fax: (312) 327-5261