CTI's Diesel Particulate Filters for Trucks Coming to SAE ComVec Show this October
Chicago, August 21, 2009 (word count: 329)
Céramiques Techniques et Industrielles, CTI, is a well-known ceramic manufacturer achieving new products and processes in environment, filtration and catalysis fields. CTI will be exhibiting at the SAE Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress and Exhibition in Rosemont, Ill., on Oct. 6 and 7, 2009, as part of the Truck Tech France Pavilion, booth 607.
CTI manufactures standard and customized products, supported by a strong R&D department, and is involved in the third millennium ceramics like catalytic diesel exhaust treatment, new exhaust treatment catalysts and other energetic automotive or stationary systems such as fuel cells or lithium batteries.
With nearly ten years of experience, CTI has developed a new patented SiC composite particulate filter with IFP (www.ifp.com) that has shown:
- Excellent filtration efficiency to target Euro 5 and 6 regulations
- High thermal conductivity leading to a very efficient and complete regeneration
- Very good mechanical performance, similar to ‘the best in class’ available on the market
- Outstanding chemical resistance to acids and ashes
- High durability even after harsh ageing treatments
- High compatibility with washcoat formulation
This new SiC composite DPF is using a manufacturing process which enables the production of many different sizes and shapes at a very competitive cost.
The companies filtration products include:
- Liquid filtration: membrane supports in ultra and micro filtrations.
- Diesel particulate filters
- Gas and particle filtrations: tubular, flat, honeycomb, foam filtration
- Catalyst supports: grits with highly specific surface area, honeycombs
- Molten metal filtration: honeycombs and foams refractories
- Special refractories that can withstand temperatures higher than 1600°C
- Special catalyst coated ceramics and SOFC applications.
CTI’s composite DPFs have been implemented for many years on buses and trucks with trouble free servicing. It shows growing interest at OEMs with very promising results for passenger car applications.
Its production plant is located in Salindres in southern France. The company has been certified ISO 9000/2000 since July 2002, and its next target will be the ISO 14001 certification.
High resolution images are available on request.
For more information, please contact:
CERAMIQUES TECHNIQUES ET INDUSTRIELLES (CTI)
382 avenue du Moulinas
30340 Salindres FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0) 466 858 870
Fax: +33 (0) 466 857 009
FRENCH TECHNOLOGY PRESS OFFICE
205 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 3740
Chicago, IL 60601
Fax: (312) 327-5261