Visteon engineers will be prominent among automotive experts at the 2006 SAE World Congress, April 3 in Detroit’s Cobo Center. More than a dozen of the corporation’s engineers will be presenting technical papers unveiling innovative ideas and advancements in automotive climate control technology, lighting and distributed power.
Visteon’s technical experts will cover a range of topics related to improving vehicle comfort, quality and cost-efficiency. Specific subjects addressed in Visteon’s papers will range from the styling flexibility of new LED front lighting to reducing noise vibration and harshness for a more peaceful ride.
“The SAE World Congress offers an opportunity for those of us in the auto industry to share insights on technological advancements and trends for a changing global industry,” said John Kill, Visteon senior vice president and president, North America customer group. “As a company rich in innovation and thought leadership, Visteon is pleased to share what we’ve learned with our engineering colleagues to help move the industry forward, while benefiting from their knowledge as well.”
The Visteon technical papers, are available on http://www.visteon.com/
include (listed by presentation date):
Monday, April 3
* An Efficient Alternative for Computing Algorithm Detection Thresholds
* LED Front Lighting – Optical Concepts, Styling Opportunities and Consumer Expectations
* Target Tracking by a Single Camera based on Range-Window Algorithm and Pattern Matching
* A Table Update Method for Adaptive Knock Control
Tuesday, April 4
* Vibration Test Specification for Automotive Products Based on Measured Vehicle Load Data
* Experimental Learning: Hands on Experiments for Six Sigma Green and Black Belt Training, Part 1 – Manufacturing Environments
Wednesday, April 5
* Quantitative Characterization of Near-Field Fuel Sprays by Multi- Orifice Direct Injection Using Ultrafast X-Tomography Technique
* Development of a Steer-by-Wire System for the GM Sequel
* Vehicle Steer-by-Wire System Control
* Broadband Noise Source Models as Aeroacoustic Tools in Designing Low NVH HVAC Ducts
Thursday, April 6
* A Filter Seal Model for Point Mobility Prediction of Air Induction Systems
* Modified Nonlinear Quadratic Gaussion Control with Guaranteed Stability Margin
The SAE World Congress, April 3-6, is a forum that brings together vehicle manufacturers, suppliers, government and academia from around the world for the exchange of ideas on the state of advanced automotive technology and business.
Visteon Corporation is a leading global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative climate, interior, electronic and lighting products for vehicle manufacturers, and also provides a range of products and services to aftermarket customers. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Kerpen, Germany; the company has more than 170 facilities in 24 countries and employs approximately 50,000 people.