Ford Motor Company awards its highest supplier honor — the World Excellence Award — to its global suppliers for their exemplary performance in 2005. More than 150 of Fords largest production and non-production suppliers from 17 countries attended the eighth annual event in Dearborn.
The World Excellence Awards recognize suppliers who not only achieve the highest levels of cost, quality and delivery but who also embrace the vision to build on Fords legacy and drive innovation to new heights.
– Our World Excellence Award-winning suppliers are integral in our ability to address the needs of our customers today and tomorrow, – said Tony (Thomas K.) Brown, senior vice president, Global Purchasing. We are grateful for their ceaseless concentration on delivering value.
The keynote speaker was Ford group vice president and chief technology officer Richard Parry-Jones, who said Ford and its suppliers share a vision and strive for many of the same goals.
– You come from all over the world, speak many different languages and represent many different cultures. But you share this in common — you are all a most valued part of the extended Ford family, – Parry-Jones said.
There are three types of World Excellence Awards — Gold, Silver and Recognition of Achievement. The Gold and Silver Awards are given to suppliers that excel in quality, cost and delivery; 13 Gold Awards and 32 Silver Awards were presented.
The Recognition of Achievement Award is given to suppliers who impact customer satisfaction by providing significant contributions in key areas: Environmental Leadership, Consumer-Focused Technology and Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma. Nine suppliers received Recognition of Achievement Awards and six other suppliers received Special Recognition Awards for an undisclosed project.
Winners included (full list below)
– AK Steel was the only steel company among the 60 companies presented awards by Ford for 2005 performance. AK Steel last earned a Ford World Excellence Award for its performance in 2001.
– We can receive no higher honor than to be recognized by our customers for those tenets of our relationship we mutually hold in the highest regard – quality, delivery and cost, said James L. Wainscott, chairman, president and CEO of AK Steel. Regaining this recognition is a testament to the work of our entire organization, but in particular to the men and women whose jobs are dedicated to customer service every single day.
AK Steel supplies Ford Motor Company with a wide range of carbon cold- rolled, coated and stainless flat-rolled steel products for some of the automaker’s most popular vehicles, including the Explorer and the Focus.
– Beru received one of 13 Gold Awards at a May 3 ceremony in Dearborn, Michigan. – Congratulations to Beru’s global employees for earning this prestigious recognition from BorgWarner’s largest customer, said Tim Manganello, BorgWarner Chairman and CEO. The World Excellence Award recognizes suppliers who share Fords vision and strive to achieve many of the same goals. Beru has demonstrated the ability to address the needs of its customers, and, in turn, helps Ford meet the needs of its customers. I am proud that Beru has distinguished itself with exceptional success in this vital aspect of our business.
Beru is a worldwide leading supplier of diesel cold start technology and a leading manufacturer of ignition technology for gasoline vehicles. The electronics and sensor technology of Beru provides more comfort and safety for applications in various engine and vehicle functions, with products such as direct-measuring tire-pressure monitoring systems and sensors for applications in engines, powertrain and exhaust systems.
Winners of the Gold Award (Quality, Cost & Delivery) are:
* AK Steel Corporation; Middletown, Ohio – Steel
* Arvin Exhaust, S.A.; Valencia, Spain – Exhaust Systems
* BASF Canada; Windsor, Ontario – Automotive Coatings
* BASF Coatings S.A.; Guadalajara, Spain – Automotive Coatings
* BASF Coatings AG; Munster, Germany – Automotive Coatings
* Beru AG; Ludwigsburg, Germany – Glow Plugs
* Burgess-Norton Manufacturing Company; Geneva, Illinois – Piston
* FTE Automotive Move GmbH; Muhlhausen, Germany – Clutch Actuation
* Hankook Tire Co., Ltd.; Taejon, Korea – Tires
* Harada Industry Co., Ltd.; Tokyo, Japan – Audio & Navigation Systems
* Right Way Industrial Co., Ltd.; Tainan, Taiwan – Connecting Rods
* Ronal Iberica S.A.; Teruel, Spain – Wheels
* Sanden Manufacturing Europe, S.A.; Tinteniac, France – A/C Compressors
Winners of the Silver Award (Quality, Cost & Delivery) are:
* Acumuladores Moura S/A; Sao Paulo, Brasil – Batteries
* Akkardan; Kocaeli, Turkey – Propeller Shafts
* Allevard Springs Ltd.; Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom – Suspension
* Autoliv, Shanghai Vehicle Safety Systems Co., Ltd.; Shanghai, China –
* Bosch Systemes De Freinage SAS; Yzeure, France – Brakes
* Cosma Body & Chassis Systems; Belle Plaine, Iowa – Stampings
* Cosma Body & Chassis Systems; Montezuma, Iowa – Stampings
* Cosma Body & Chassis Systems; Piedmont, South Carolina – Stampings
* Cosma Body & Chassis Systems; Williamsburg, Iowa – Stampings
* Delphi Automotive Systems; Juarez, Mexico – Sensors
* Erbsloh AG; Velbert, Germany – Rolled Section
* EWIE Canada Company; Windsor, Ontario – Special Tools
* Hella Electronics Corporation; Flora, Illinois – Vacuum Motor
* Honsel GmbH & Co.; Meschede, Germany – Aluminum Castings
* Intier Automotive Seating of America, Inc.; Excelsior Springs, Missouri
* Johnson Controls, Inc.; Hudson, Wisconsin – Seats
* Johnson Controls, Inc.; Shelbyville, Kentucky – Seats
* Johnson Matthey (Pty) Ltd. CSD; Gauteng, South Africa – Catalytic
* KS Pistoes Ltda.; Nova Odessa, Brasil – Engine Pistons
* Metzeler Automotive Profile Systems SA de CV; Gomez Palacio, Mexico –
* Miniature Precision Components, Inc.; Richland Center, Wisconsin –
* MTU Friedrichshafen GmbH; Friedrichshafen, Germany – Drive Shafts
* Nishikawa Standard Company; Bremen, Indiana – Weatherstrips
* Nishikawa Standard Company; New Haven, Indiana – Weatherstrips
* PBR Australia (Pty) Ltd.; East Bentleigh, Australia – Brake Components
* Quadrad Manufacturing; Guelph, Ontario – Transmission Shafts
* Stabilus GmbH; Koblenz, Denmark – Gas Struts
* ThyssenKrupp Automotive Tallent Chassis Limited; Durham, United Kingdom
– Frames & Cross Members
* TRW Canada Limited; St. Catharines, Ontario – Suspension Components
* Valeo Engine Cooling, Inc.; Jamestown, New York – Engine Cooling
* Wheels India Limited; Chennai, India – Wheels
* Yumex Corporation; Hiroshima, Japan – Exhaust Systems
Winners of the Recognition of Achievement Awards are:
* Freudenberg NOK – Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma
* Visteon Corporation – Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma
* Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics – Corporate Responsibility
* Wexford Sand Co. – Corporate Responsibility
* Johnson Controls, Inc. – Diversity and Community Service
* Warn Industries, Inc. – High Mileage Improvement
* GP Daikyo Corporation – New Consumer-Focused Technology
* Sonora Forming Technologies – New Consumer-Focused Technology
* Mituyoyo America Corporation – New Consumer-Focused Technology
Winners of the Special Recognition Award are:
* Continental Teves, Inc., Auburn Hills, Michigan – Special Recognition
* Delphi Automotive Systems, Troy, Michigan – Special Recognition Award
* Lear Corporation, Southfield, Michigan – Special Recognition Award
* Motorola, Shaumburg, Illinois – Special Recognition Award
* Visteon Corporation, Van Buren Township, Michigan – Special Recognition
* Yazaki Corporation, Canton, Michigan – Special Recognition Award