Visteon Corporation awarded 15 outstanding suppliers at its annual Visteon Important Partner award program, held at the European Corporate Office and Innovation Center in Kerpen, Germany, today. Visteon named Ryder Systems, Inc. as Global Visteon Important Partner of the Year 2005.
The annual supplier award program, now in its fourth year, recognizes best-in-class performers within Visteons global supply base. Selection criteria are focused on supplier performance in terms of quality, delivery, value, technical capability and customer service. Supplier awards were granted for suppliers from North America, Europe, Asia and South America in six categories: metals, non-metals, electronics, non-production goods and services, transportation and local supplier of the year.
– It is our goal to continuously improve the implementation of a value- based supply chain, said Jonathan K. Maples, Visteon vice president, global purchasing. – The Visteon Important Partner program recognizes suppliers that demonstrate excellence in their collaborative efforts with Visteon. Nominees were assessed for their levels of achievement in delivering efficiencies throughout the supply chain, reducing costs and collaborating on flawless delivery to our customers.
Visteon Important Partner award nominees undergo a thorough review of their performance and business contributions by Visteons global materials management team, with input from Visteons global product groups including purchasing, quality, product development and manufacturing. Award recipients must achieve 100 percent concurrence across all customer functions and operating regions to confirm that they have demonstrated the high level of performance that Visteon promotes within its supply base.
This years partner of the year recipient, Ryder Systems, Inc., is Visteons North American logistics partner providing procurement, network design and engineering, logistics management, operations and in-plant lead logistics services.
– We rated Ryder as our best-in-class third party logistics partner and recognize Ryder for their year-over-year consistent performance, having qualified for the Visteon Important Partner applicant shortlist for the past three years, – commented Maples. – They provide a highly skilled and motivated team. Ryder has consistently exceeded the annual cost savings objectives and implemented creative solutions to complex logistics issues. We started this supplier relationship in 2000 and, over the past five years, Ryder showed a very high level of responsibility, consistently meeting our needs and surpassing expectations.
Visteon also recognized the following suppliers with the 2005 Visteon Important Partner Award within their respective commodity groups:
* Klein & Blazek s.r.o.
* Tawesco s.r.o.
* Bayer Material Science
* Leon Plastics
* Chin-poon Industrial Company Limited
* KOA Corporation
* Kabelove a elektricke systemy
* Manpower Business Solutions, Recruitment Process Outsourcing
* MSX International
* Ecopal SAS
* Ryder Systems, Inc.
* Expeditors International (UK) Limited
* Via Augusta S.A.
Local Supplier of the Year:
* Multek do Brasil Ltda
Visteon Corporation is a leading global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative climate, interior, electronic and lighting products for vehicle manufacturers, and also provides a range of products and services to aftermarket customers. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Kerpen, Germany; the company has more than 170 facilities in 24 countries and employs approximately 50,000 people