MFG.com, the largest global sourcing marketplace for manufacturers, today announced significant advancements to its online platform that are designed to create additional competitive advantages for manufacturers and suppliers of custom parts, standard components, assemblies, custom apparel and textiles.
The new MFG.com marketplace ushers in globally integrated features that help drive efficiencies at all levels of the online sourcing process, from RFQ (request for quote) creation and manufacturer-supplier collaboration to supplier selection. Because the platform intelligently connects manufacturers and suppliers with the right expertise, capacity and credentials at the right time, products can be brought to market faster and at higher levels of quality and profitability.
“This is a big step in our roadmap to provide competitive advantages to our customers in the highly fragmented manufacturing industry – which is the world’s largest and where MFG.com supports more than 300 manufacturing categories globally,” said Mitch Free, MFG.com founder and CEO.
“We’ve listened to our customers and the new platform ties together a wide array of new and existing supply-chain applications in seven of the world’s most widely used languages, in more than 50 currencies of choice, and for companies of all sizes,”
Features and benefits include:
– Support of widely spoken languages, specifically English, Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Italian and Portuguese;
– Multi-currency support, more than 50 including the U.S. dollar, Euro, British pound, Chinese RMB, Japanese yen, Indian rupee, Brazilian real and Russian ruble;
– Multi-line item RFQs, which allow items from the same manufacturing category to be grouped into a single RFQ and enable the receipt of seamless quotes;
– Parts and styles libraries for buyers to manage all their parts or styles in a central location, build a parts or styles database and create groups of either with flexible hierarchies including an existing bill-of-materials structure;
– Order monitoring via a personalized project-tracking dashboard;
– Messaging enhancements, such as the capability to collect all messages in one secure location, independent of the message source.
MFG.com’s online approach to sourcing was pioneered 10 years ago. Unlike traditional sourcing options, such as directories and calling on past suppliers, MFG.com’s platform combines realtime, one-to-many communications with sound sourcing and collaboration business logic that can improve decision making and quality, as well as save time and money for both sides of the manufacturing equation. And MFG.com’s customer service team is available to answer questions and provide technical support.
MFG.com is the largest global sourcing marketplace for the manufacturing industry. MFG.com’s platform enables companies to intelligently connect, source, collaborate and perform due diligence with transparency and intellectual property protection. It supports virtually all manufacturing process and industrial components — as well as custom apparel and textiles — is in seven major languages, more than 50 currencies and has more than 200,000 members on five continents. MFG.com is based in Atlanta and has offices in Shanghai, Geneva, Paris and Munich. For more information, visit www.MFG.com.