The 10th International Electronics Recycling Congress IERC 2011 will take place from January 19 – 21, 2011 in Salzburg, Austria.
Over 450 experts from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present the newest information and challenges of the WEEE recycling business.
The preliminary program includes sessions on:
• Contributions for sustainability
• How to stop climate change
• Cradle to cradle
• How to stop illegal export
• War of raw materials
• Best available technologies for dismantling, sorting and recycling
• Worldwide reports of recycling business
• Quality standards – how to check & monitor
• Recycling standards – chance or pain?
• Harmonization of recycling standards
• Parallel Session: Reports on regulation & markets in Asia
• Workshop: Flat screen, lighting and solar panel recycling
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
The congress is also offering plant tours to a leading metal scrap and electronics recycling facility, a fridge recycling plant, a steel mill with plastics recovery, a scrap and waste treatment plant, a copper smelter and a plastics recycling plant in the vicinity of Salzburg.
The organizers have launched a call for papers and invite interested authors to submit their proposals before August 6, 2010.
For more information, please contact:
International Congress & Marketing
5708 Birrwil, Switzerland
Phone: +41 62 785 10 00
Fax: +41 62 785 10 05