The IERC has become THE international platform for discussion of the latest developments and challenges relating to worldwide WEEE. At this congress there will be representatives from the industry, authorities and academia. We expect over 500 industry leaders from all over the world.
The preliminary program includes sessions on:
• Panel discussion: “Stop robbery of raw materials”
• How do countries and electronics manufacturing companies close the recycling loop?
• Worldwide take back schemes, quotes and challenges of systems and OEMs
• E&E recycling standards, compliance and controls
• Reports about strategic metals recycling (PGM, rare earth elements) and metal trading
• How to recycle scraps containing hazardous elements
• Design for recycling
• Best available recycling technologies
• Business opportunities in emerging markets
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors can meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
The congress is also offering plant tours to leading recycling companies:
• Copper smelter
• Electronics recycling plant
• Metal scrap and sorting yard
• Plastics recycling plant
• Production of plastic recycling machines
The organizers have launched a call for papers and invite interested authors to submit their proposals before July 31, 2013.