New Thermo Scientific Explorer 4 Metals Quality Analyzer Quickly Detects and Diagnoses Production Problems
Overview: The Thermo Scientific Explorer 4 Analyzer with MQA software now offers improved throughput for analysis of non-metallic inclusions in steel. The platform is a fourth-generation scanning electron microscope (SEM)/x-ray spectroscopy (EDX) for industrial manufacturing. It is faster and easier to use than its predecessors, yet still maintains its predecessors’ industry-standard accuracy and reliability.
Key Applications: Thermo Scientific Explorer 4 Analyzer with MQA software provides metals quality analysis, such as the size, shape, number and elemental composition of non-metallic inclusions in metals. These inclusions play a major role in determining the properties and quality of metals — too many, too few, or of the wrong composition and the product will not perform at specification. Some inclusions can clog nozzles in the production process — leading to downtime and potential loss.
The system can automatically characterize thousands of inclusions per hour to provide a firm statistical foundation for critical production decisions.
Features/Benefits: Thermo Scientific Explorer 4 Analyzer with MQA software is designed to maintain process control limits across multiple sites. Features and benefits include:
– Accuracy: The system provides increased beam stability and can distinguish smaller features and finer variations in composition faster than previous generations.
– Precision: Every system is factory tested to meet the requirements of metals manufacturers and ensure that each system meets specifications for accuracy, sensitivity, and repeatability of data.
– Automation: Collection of data and generation of reports can be fully automated.
– Sample Preparation: Unique sample loading allows preparation of the next batch of samples while the previous batch is being analyzed.
– Throughput: Thermo Scientific Explorer 4 Analyzer SEM/EDX provides very high sample throughput.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.