In 1932, entrepreneur Armin Hirsch had an idea to open a small storefront in Chicago with the intent of helping people prevent and cure their engine problems. He vowed to produce only the most innovative automotive chemicals—ones that truly prevent and cure the toughest engine problems. With this idea, Gold Eagle® Co. (“Gold Eagle”) was born. Over the next 80 years, Gold Eagle would become an industry pioneer of aftermarket fluids and additives and would be best known as the maker of STA-BIL®, HEET® and START YOUR ENGINES!®. On May 16, 2012, the company celebrated eight decades of innovation and global success in the automotive aftermarket industry.
“Gold Eagle has come a long way since we first opened our doors in 1932,” said Marc Blackman, President and CEO of Gold Eagle. “While we have grown by leaps and bounds in the past 80 years, one thing has always stayed consistent—our core values. We pride ourselves on creating a workplace employees enjoy and providing quality products that keep customers coming back.”
Since its beginning, Gold Eagle has been a family owned and operated business, and the pride of the Hirsch family. What began as a small one-man run storefront has grown over the years and Gold Eagle’s headquarters now occupy more than 400,000 square feet in the heart of Chicago’s industrial district and employ more than 200 people. All the company’s growth and dedication to its employees and customers has not gone unnoticed as the company has received many accolades for its work environment, people and products. Some of the accolades include:
• 2012—President’s “E” Award honoring companies that make significant contributions toward increasing U.S. exports
• 2011—Inc. magazine selected Gold Eagle to receive a Top Small Companies Workplace Award
• 2008—Illinois Manufacturer of the Year
• 2008—Interactive Health Solutions Healthiest Company Award
• 2002—Ernst & Young Illinois Entrepreneurs of the Year: Bob Hirsch, chairman and Rich Hirsch, president
Gold Eagle products can be found across the globe in more than 45 countries, on five continents, and domestically in retail stores nationwide. Its product lineup includes some of the most recognizable names in the fluid and additives aftermarket:
• STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer- America’s top selling fuel stabilizer
• HEET® – America’s #1 selling gas line antifreeze and water remover
• 104+® Octane Boost- Regular and Maximum Formula
• Start Your Engines!® Fuel System Revitalizer
• Golden Touch® “All in One” Complete Fuel System Cleaner
• NO LEAK®
• DieselPower!® Diesel Additives
• Gold Eagle®
In addition to developing new products, Gold Eagle has revolutionized the industry with some of its other innovations, including:
• Developing in-house blow molding to allow for greater flexibility in retail production and inventory management.
• Introducing cost-saving brake fluid in plastic bottles.
• Crafting convenient, pre-mixed windshield washer fluid.
• Constructing a hose assembly for tire inflator products, making them easier to use.
“It’s really amazing to see how much Gold Eagle has been able to achieve in 80 years,” said Blackman. “I can’t wait to see what we are able to accomplish in the next 80.”
To learn more about Gold Eagle products or to locate a retail store that sells Gold Eagle products, please visit www.goldeagle.com.
About Gold Eagle Co.
For almost 80 years Gold Eagle® Co. has been an industry pioneer in the production and distribution of aftermarket fluids and additives. We create products that help preserve, protect and enhance the performance of engines everywhere. We are a leader in the product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of branded engine performance and maintenance chemicals. Privately held and headquartered in Chicago, Gold Eagle Co. is the manufacturer of leading brands, including STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer, HEET® Gas-Line Antifreeze, NO-LEAK® Treatments, 104+® Octane Boost, Start Your Engines® and DieselPower!® Diesel Additives. To view our complete line of Gold Eagle products or learn more about the Company, please visit www.goldeagle.com or call 800-621-1251.