Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced an extended affiliation with Toyota that will maintain Nuance Dragon Drive as the technology behind Toyota’s successful Entune App Suite and Lexus Enform App Suite connected car systems into the next decade. Nuance Dragon Drive connects Toyota and Lexus vehicles to the cloud and delivers an optimized in-car experience. Dragon Drive provides mobile applications, web-based APIs, customer relationship management (CRM) portals, and business intelligence tools to continuously drive adoption through real-time data and analytics.
Toyota Entune and Lexus Enform App Suite customers can simply access applications and services such as Bing, Facebook, Movietickets.com, OpenTable, Pandora, Yelp, Fuel Prices, Sports, Stocks, and Weather in their cars. Drivers can conveniently search online for destinations and points of interest, view traffic conditions, check for weather, sports, and financial market updates, listen to music, make reservations at local restaurants, update social media profiles, and much more.
“Since 2011, our Entune and Enform App Suite services have been enabling our customers to extend their connected lifestyles into their cars. Through the wide range of available content, applications and services, drivers can expect a secure and seamless connected car experience from their Toyota and Lexus vehicles,” said Sandy Lobenstein, VP Connected Vehicles & Planning. “Our relationship with Nuance helps ensure Toyota and Lexus drivers will remain connected to their favorite content in their vehicles for the coming years.”
In addition to content aggregation and delivery, Nuance Dragon Drive provides a full-service solution for Toyota Entune and Lexus Enform App Suites, including:
- The ability for the vehicle to connect to the cloud through the driver’s smartphone. The vehicle leverages the mobile device and connects to internet content without the driver having to interact with their phone.
- Content and service supplier management, including reporting and simplified conversion for safe display in vehicles.
- Authenticated over-the-air (OTA) provisioning capabilities that enable new and updated applications to be delivered to the customer’s vehicle conveniently.
- OEM-branded mobile device and end-user web portals that enable vehicle owners to set up a profile, select service preferences, and associate additional accounts (spouse, children, etc.) for personalized user experiences.
- A customer support application that enables Toyota and Lexus call-center representatives to access vehicle information and owner profile specifics so they’re able to provide customers with more personalized service.
- Back-office systems integration to authorize and authenticate vehicle owners.
- Business intelligence data and tools to continuously improve service and usability for the life of the vehicle.
“Nuance Dragon Drive has evolved into one of the leading connected infotainment solutions for the automobile,” said Arnd Weil, VP and GM, Nuance Automotive. “Supported by a robust network of content and application partners, Nuance works with leading automakers like Toyota to promote and achieve innovation for connected car systems.”
Continued Innovation for Toyota and Lexus
Nuance has been powering embedded and cloud-based voice and content solutions for more than five million Toyota vehicles globally since 2007. Launched in 2011, Dragon Drive has been installed in over 1.6 million vehicles equipped with Toyota Entune and Lexus Enform App Suites, and powers over 50 million transactions for Toyota and Lexus drivers each month.
About Dragon Drive
Dragon Drive is Nuance’s automotive-grade content delivery and natural language platform for the connected car. It provides connectivity between the vehicles, the smartphone and services in the cloud in an OEM-controlled environment. Nuance’s content ecosystem comprises leading brands including Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Reuters, AccuWeather, Slacker Radio, OPIS/Gas Buddy, Deezer, Rdio, NOAA, INRIX, OpenTable, NASDAQ, Dow Jones, TuneIn Radio, West World Media’s Cinema-Source, MovieTickets.com, Xignite, Infogroup and STATS.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world’s top automaker and creator of the Prius, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we’ve built more than 25 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 40,000 people (more than 32,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.5 million cars and trucks (more than 2.2 million in the U.S.) in 2013 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today.