Automechanika Shanghai, Asia’s largest trade fair for automotive parts, equipment and services, will take place from 8 – 11 December 2010 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. The sixth edition is attracting a record-breaking 3,115 exhibitors from 27 countries and regions. They will showcase their latest automotive products, services and innovations in 138,000 sqm of exhibition space covering 11 established halls plus six temporary halls.
“I am pleased to announce that we are also expecting a new record of visitors, 45,000 from more than 100 countries and regions,” said Mr Michael Johannes, Vice President, Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH. Mr Johannes was appointed as the new Brand Manager for Automechanika trade fairs on 1 November 2010. “The visitor number includes more than 10 international visitor groups from America, Asia, Australia, Europe and the Middle East as well as more than 30 Chinese regional visitor groups.”
Mr Johannes continued: “As from this year, Automechanika Shanghai becomes a four-day show due to its increasing size and our exhibitors and visitors need an extra day to maximise their business opportunities. The show’s development is encouraging and reflects steady automotive industry growth, especially in China.”
Buyers to view numerous industry giants and nine overseas pavilions
Automechanika Shanghai features several industry heavyweights
exhibiting at the show. These include:
• Parts and components – Affinia, ArvinMeritor, Changan Automobile, Continental, Cummins, Dayco, Delphi, Dow Corning, Federal-Mogul, Fiamm, Honeywell, Iveco Engine, Lingyun, Raybestos, Schaeffler, Unipoint, Wanxiang, Xinyi Automotive Fitting, and Yuchai Machinery
• Repair and maintenance equipment – Asiawash, Balance, Bantam, Bosch, Bright Technology, Dali, Castrol, Corghi, Ever-eternal, Giuliano, ITW, Jonnesway, Karcher, Launch Tech, MAHA, Rotary, SPX, Stanley, and Zhongda.
As well as nine overseas pavilions from France, Germany, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand and the USA, visitors will be able to view a number of special product halls such as powertrain, chassis, electrics & electronics parts, sensor systems, bodywork, interior, accessories & tuning, standard parts, workshop equipment, testing equipment, tools, car care and painting systems.
15 fringe programmes provide learning and networking opportunities
Automechanika Shanghai is running a series of fringe programme events to meet different industry needs. These include established popular events as well as new conferences and seminars which will offer business opportunities and the latest market and technology information relating to automotive parts and component, repair and maintenance, aftermarket, OEM, supply chain, services, new energy vehicle and remanufacturing:
• 2010 Automotive Aftermarket Summit –Innovating Business Model for the Industry
• Automechanika Academy
• Automechanika Matchmaking Forum
• Buyer Presentation
• China Automobile Maintenance Equipment Dealer Annual Convention
• Chinese Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers & Distributors Networking Event
• Forum for Automobile Repair Services Providers: How to Better Manage the Business and Provide Excellent Technical Service
• Luk Dry Double Clutch (DSG) Seminar
• Product Presentation with special highlights for Singaporean companies
• Remanufacturing: The Ultimate Form of Recycling
• Seminar and Business Matching for Commercial Vehicle Parts Suppliers in China
• Seminar for Insured Cars Repair After Accident and Its Parts Supply Chain
• Seminar for New Energy Vehicle Auto Parts Development
• The 3rd Shanghai Automotive Parts Circulating Trade Association Member Conference and the 1st Council Meeting
• The 3rd Summit of China Auto Electronic and Electrical Appliances Industry and China Auto Electric Information Net Annual Meeting
From 8 to 10 December the fair will be open from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm and on 11 December from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. For more information, please visit www.automechanika-shanghai.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automechanika Shanghai is one of 14 global Automechanika fairs held in Asia, Europe, North America, South America and Africa. For further information, please visit www.automechanika.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is Germany’s leading trade fair organiser, with 424 million euros in sales in 2009 and more than 1,660 employees worldwide. The Messe Frankfurt Group has a global network of 28 subsidiaries, five branch offices and 52 international Sales Partners, giving it a presence for its customers in more than 150 countries. Events “made by Messe Frankfurt” take place at more than 30 locations around the globe. In 2009, Messe Frankfurt organised more than 90 trade fairs, of which more than half took place outside Germany.
Messe Frankfurt’s exhibition grounds, featuring 578,000 square metres, are currently home to ten exhibition halls and an adjacent Congress Center. The company is publicly owned, with the City of Frankfurt holding 60 percent and the State of Hesse 40 percent.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com